Monday 7 March 2011

spectacular


the other night i went to the royal albert hall to watch madam butterfly by giacomo puccini which has been something my little brain has always desired to see. my expectations were surpassed, not only the venue with the stage being central and the audience surrounding it making it intimate and unique but the set took my breathe away, a gorgeous origami-like house placed over running water pools was magical. but the tragic tale of cho cho san, madam butterfly, bought tears to my eyes (which is a rare as i have a heart like a black diamond) her complete innocence and love ends in tragedy and her self destruct...  it was beautiful and i would recommend everyone sees it, apart from people like my dad who shamefully nodded off in the first five minutes. next on my list is aida...

S x